Friday 24 February 2012

Another one bites the dust

No, I'm not watching Gladiators. I doubt the 'Wolf man' will be showing his face anytime soon. I'm talking about testing.

That's it, the second testing session of 2012 has ended and it's been quite a mixed one at that. From Lotus packing up and leaving after one day. To Maldonado and Kobayashi having a go at sitting on top of the time sheets. It always get mentioned, but I'll mention it again, you can't really determine the outcome of the season with the times set in testing. The real challenge will be in Melbourne for the first race of the season.
From the times set over the past four days here at the Circuit de Catalunya, we can ascertain that the mid tables teams from last season could be a lot closer to the front runners. Especially Force India and Toro Rosso. What I've seen being in the grandstand during testing they have both looked to be stronger in the long run so this could be the start of something, but we'll have to wait and see what happens in Melbourne.
As I know little about exact times during testing and little on the real reasons for why cars have stopped on track, but as soon as I return home from Barcelona I will give you all a full review of testing. You're all probably reading this thinking "Was she even at testing? She doesn't know much about what went on." Well I was and I was paying attention, it's just the commentary in the grandstand was all in Catalan and I... Erm... I don't speak a word of Catalan.

Epic fail by me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment