Thursday 23 February 2012

I just got Pic'd

I shall start with an apology to Charles Pic. For some reason I felt like spelling Pic as Piq.
No idea why? I was with him all day yesterday.
I think because when he was driving past, the C looked like a Q. Yes that's it. I blame the high speed Formula 1 car, not my incompetence.

Anyway moving on from that and on to the real business..... TESTING!

I'm trying incredibly hard to do my best at reporting from the Formula 1 paddock and grandstand. Only problem is my Spanish. It's not brilliant and the so called 'commentary' is all in Spanish, well Catalan. I don't know, all this different Spanish is confusing me.
Such a rookie mistake by myself.

Well today I managed to be in the paddock again, really wasn't expecting that.
Always a bonus to be in the paddock. Will never turn down an offer to be in the thick of all the Formula 1 action.
Along with being in the paddock, the lovely Red Bull racing team gave me a tour of the garage. For obvious reasons I wasn't allowed to take any photos. All hush hush business. I did manage to talk to some of the team and I asked them if they are happy with the car and if they're where they predicted they'd be. Without giving too much away they said they're pleased with the car. This was clearly before the little 'mishap' we'll call it, this afternoon. As Red Bull had to abruptly end their testing session due to a problem with the car.
It must be a pretty major problem they will not be continuing with testing tomorrow and instead are opting for a 'private' test next week with Ferrari. This is still to be confirmed though.
As Mark Webber's car was being towed back a cheeky Ferrari engineer thought he could get a peek of that infamous Red Bull Racing floor as it was being lifted off the truck.
The comedians that Red Bull are, they made 'for sure' the Ferrari engineer couldn't see and covered his eyes.
A bit of light entertainment for us all.

If the Ferrari engineer wants to be more stealthy he should take some tips from the Red Bull F1 Spy, because he or she is doing a killer job.

Who is the spy? It's a mystery that needs to be uncovered

No comments:

Post a Comment